Tuesday 28 July 2015

Pretty in Pink: Summery Make-up


I created this shimmery pinky look one rainy Sunday afternoon to try and remind myself that it's only July meaning it's still summer despite what the weather reports say. I'm not normally one to stray away from my everyday nude or smokey looks but I decided I needed to change it up a bit and add a splash of colour (you may also notice I'm not wearing any winger eyeliner.. what?!)


Face

For my face I used my Nu Skin foundation that I have previously blogged about and subtly contoured my face using the same method and products I used in my simple contouring blog post which you can access here.

I then used my Makeup Revolution Baked Highlighter in colour Golden Lights and applied this to the bridge of my nose, t-zone, chin, above my cheekbones and under my eyebrows to create a stobing effect.

I absoutly love my Baked Highlighter from Makeup Revolution! It is the perfect amount of shimmer without making you feel like a human glitter magnet and the golden tone beautifully reflects the light and gives you a full on glowing complexion.



I then applied a very light application of Freedom Makeup blush in the shade Lethal Weapon to the apples of my cheeks. This blush is very very bright and is not normally a shade I would choose to wear, however if applied sparingly it is a lovely fresh colour that is perfect for complimenting simple eye make-up with a bold lippy.


Lips


For my lips I used the perfectly named Pro Lipstick by Freedom Makeup in the shade 'Juicy Lips'. This is a true summery colour that really ties the whole make-up look together. I would call this shade a subtle statement lipstick that is to be worn with a similar subtle statement blush.

The camera doesn't do justice for the absolutely gorgeous colour this lippy is. I can't quite find a comparison to describe the shade of this lipstick; it's sort of a bright-light pink-almost coral colour.
Definitely unique and 100% summery.

Eyes

For my eye make-up I used my Makeup Revolution Redemption Palette Iconic 3 (which is a total dupe for the Urban Decay Naked 3 palette and it's only £4!!)


I start off by applying a base colour using the lightest shade in the palette that I numbered 1. By adding a light base colour across the entire lid it means any colours you apply on top will really pop and have more colour.

I then use shade 3 in my crease and extend it across the entire eye to create a dark line and softly blend it up towards my brow bone and stopping before I reach my eyebrow. I also use shade 3 in both the inner and outer corners of my eye. This is a beautiful matte darker dusky rose shade that is absolutely perfect for applying to the crease.

Using my finger tip I applied shade 2, which is a gorgeous shimmery light pink, across my lip and packed it on.

I then blended together the inner and outer corners that have shade 3 applied with the lid colour.

I then add just a tiny amount of shade 4 on the very outer corner of my eye and blend it in a V shape from the outer edge of the upper lash line into the crease. This is just to add a touch of smoke and edginess and create abit more of a winged eyeshadow. Shade 4 is a stunning dark purple shade with a mix of pinky and purple shimmer.

I decided against adding a bold winger eyeliner as I felt this would have completely ruined the soft summer look I was trying to achieve.

Over all I really enjoyed giving this make-up look a go and definitely feeling braver to try out ore colours and bolder looks!



What is your favourite summery make-up?
Have you tried any different look?

Love Hari Pixie 


No comments:

Post a Comment