Saturday 25 July 2015

Everyday Make-up


Natural make-up is a style I particularly love to wear. I have recently had a break from contouring and swapped it for a touch of foundation, subtle strobing and lightly bronzing my cheeks. I have stepped away from the heavy eye make-up and lined lips and decided to try a more two tone nude look with much smaller and thinner winged eyeliner and just a lick of mascara rather than lashings of the stuff.

I have toned down my eyebrows by simply brushing and lining them rather than colouring them in and I personally think they look so much better this way.
Don't get me wrong, I still absolutely adore getting all my make-up out and having a good old contour session with false lashes and bright red lippy but I have really started to tone down my everyday make-up look and managed to save myself bags of time in the morning to enjoy an extra 20 minutes in bed with my coffee.

To achieve natural looking make-up I think it's really important to use a foundation that matches your skin colour exactly rather than choosing a shade darker to try and look more tanned which is a mistake I've made in the past and trust me it's not a good look.
Instead of contouring I lightly strobe my face by highlighting the areas of my face that the light naturally hits first, for example my cupids bow, bridge of my nose and lightly under my eyebrows etc, with first of all a very light concealer then with a shimmery highlighting powder. This is to give me a more natural glow rather than leaving my face looking flat with just foundation.

I lightly add a very light bronze to chisel my cheeks and frame my face and add the tiniest amount of matte peachy blush to the apples of my cheeks just to give me a little smidgen of colour.

My eyebrows are just brushed into shape then lined and slightly extended to neaten them up.

I use 2 shades of eye shadow only, a pale ivory for the lid to brighten my eyes up and a light brown shade for my crease to make my eyes look bigger and deeper. Then I add a thin line of my black liquid eyeliner and gently flick the wings before putting on just one coat of clump-free mascara.

Finally I add one coat of a nude or light pinky lipstick to finish of the look and voila my make-up is done! Easy! This takes me no longer than 10 minutes in the morning before I shove my hair up into a messy bun and carry on with my day. It's an effortlessly lovely look that is dead simple to achieve. You don't need any specific items for this look, just use what you have.




What is your everyday make-up? 
Have you tried strobing?


Love Hari Pixie


2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much! Such a lovely comment to receive :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the post Have a wonderful week dear:)

    www.bloglovin.com/blogs/printed-sea-3880191

    ReplyDelete