Wednesday 22 July 2015

What I wore on Wednesday



Today I put 0 effort in to my outfit and I received a load of compliments about how nice I looked which was a massive mood boost! Todays outfit was inspired by fellow fashion bloggers Sarah Ashcroft of That Pommie Girl and Lauren Arthurs of Love Lauren. I follow both of these beautiful fashion bloggers on Instagram where they share daily photos of their 'outfits of the day'. A look I adore from both of them is their take on the smart-classy-casual look. I love the combination of smart attire with trainers to create a dressed down, almost effortless look so decided to attempt the recreate this idea and apply it to my own style.


Top: Primark £8 



I brought this top from Primark in the Business wear department for only £8 and it's unreal how many compliments I get when I wear this. I adore striped clothing and I find it uncommon to come across many items with vertical stripes. I think that by wearing vertical stripes it seems to create the illusion of me looking taller and even my hair seems to look longer! The material is lovely and floaty so perfect for the recent sticky, humid weather. The only downside is that the V neck is slightly too low meaning that my cleavage is slightly more on show than I'd like it when the top slips down abit, however I easily fixed this by wearing a bandeau top underneath.
I think this top is perfect for the smart-casual look as it's formal and perfect for business attire however can easily be dressed down.

Jeans: Topshop Leigh Jeans £38




These are my life saving, trustworthy Topshop jeans that I have had for a year. They're still in perfect shape and look fantastic as well as being super soft and comfy material.
These are brilliant for a more smarter looking set of jeans as they're plain denim with no fancy features. I wear mine with the ankles rolled up slightly to make a cuff. They're ideal for a smart-casual look.

Shoes: Nike Blazers £70




It seems to be that the way to change an outfit to be smart-casual is to do it with the shoes. You can be wearing ripped jeans and a oversized tee but pair it with some killer lace up heels and it transforms the outfit into looks fantastically smart-casual. In this case I paired my smart jeans and top with my immaculate pair of Nike Blazers that my amazing fiancé brought for me 2 years ago. As long as trainers are kept in super clean condition then they're an excellent addition to dress down almost any outfit.


Bag: Primark £8



I finished my outfit off by adding my trusty little boy bag (that I like to pretend is Chanel..I wish) to tie the outfit all together. This bag is my favourite buy of the month! It holds everything you need to carry meaning I can no longer cram my handbag full of crap I don't need. It is the perfect combination of smart and casual with minimal detail.

I teamed this look with simple winged eyeliner, soft strobing, a light pinky lipstick and a messy high pony tail.

No comments:

Post a Comment