Sunday 19 July 2015

myfitnesspal Experience: How I lost 8bs in 2 weeks



I have never considered myself fat or over weight, however recently have been feeling very uncomfortable with how large and bloated my belly was looking all the time and the fact I had put on 12lbs since Christmas! I simply couldn't work out how I had gained so much weight when I always considered myself to be a healthy eater. I wanted to lose my extra weight and get back down to my usual 9st weight and get back into my size 8 jeans without having to undo the button after each meal.
So I decided that I'd start keeping a food diary to count my calorie intake to see if I was accidentally over eating without realising. I downloaded an app called 'myfittnesspal' from the iTunes store for free and was amazed by it!
It's so simple to use and is really accurate when counting the calorie, fat, carb etc intake of foods.


Current weight is what I weigh now not my begining weight
When you first download the app it asks you to set up a profile with info such as current weight, goal weight, activity levels and so on so it can work out how many calories, fat, carbs (...ect) you should eat per day so you can reach your goal weight. 

I set my activity level as lightly active as I have a fairly active job which requires me to be on my feet alot as well as going for dog walks and alot of shopping trips in my spare time. Shopping trips burn calories too.. 

The app calculated that I should be eating no more that 1500 calories, 75g of protein, 168g of carbs, 18g of fibre, 52g of sugar 46g or fat.. ect each day so that I can reach my goal weight.

I entered all my food and drink intake for the first time at the end of the day and was shocked to find that I had overeaten by 845 calories!!
It was a massive eye opener to me and I suddenly felt like this app could really help me get on track with healthy eating. I started fresh the next day by eating foods that are high in protein and healthy fat and low in carbs and sugars and I recorded everything I ate and drank for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks for the next 2 weeks. Even though my calorie intake was lower than normal I wasn't feeling hungry at all.

I've been eating lots of chicken, salmon, lean red meats, steamed vegetables, cous cous, sweet potatoes, oats and fruit and have really enjoyed it. I have been creating my own recipes and seasoning my meats and veggies with different flavours to mix it up and swapped the olive oil for FryLight and coconut oil. I felt loads better after the first week. My mood had lightened, skin cleared up, hair looks healthier, feel more full on energy and I've been sleeping like a baby. I have been weighing out my foods into proper portion sizes meaning over eating has been difficult and I know exactly how much I'm eating. 













You can search for almost every single food you can think off, including restaurant foods. 
The app even has a bar-code scanner meaning you can scan the bar-codes of any food packet and it will bring up the nutritional value of the food and saves your searches and frequently consumed foods for easy diary entries. Making the app so accurate and easy to use.
At the end of each day I submit my diary entry and it would tell me how much I'd weigh if I ate that way for 5 weeks which really motivated me!
If I had eaten under 1000 calories in a day then the app wouldn't let me submit my entry and would bring up a message about under eating and the damage it can cause, meaning the app wouldn't let me under eat.

The app has taught me all about moderation and in the last two weeks and I have even manage to enjoy little treats such as a trip to Nandos, a McDonalds apple pie and even a Chinese take away and still keep within my goals for the day!

I weighed myself at the end of each week and took a photo of my progress to show how much of a difference the app has made. I still can't believe the difference after only 2 weeks! Hopefully only 1 more week to go and I'll have reached my goal weight and I can begin maintaining my weight rather than losing it, another ace feature this app can do!


I honestly can't recommend this app enough for anybody who needs help with losing weight or eating healthily. It has been a huge part of my life for the last two weeks and has made a huge impact on my attitude I have towards food. 



                                              Folow me on Instagram  xox

                                               Follow me on Twitter  xox

                                              Follow me on Bloglovin  xox
     


2 comments:

  1. Wow, you've seen some incredible results from this!
    I should definitely use this app as I've recently been gettin frustrated with where my weight is coming from and this sounds like the perfect tool!
    Great post and keep up the good work :)

    The Everyday Life of Rachel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey thanks for the lovely comment! Yes this app is amazing I highly advise anyone to use it :) x

      Delete