Tuesday 5 May 2015

No 7 Colour Match Experience!


So I have been through A-L-O-T of foundations to try and find the perfect one for me. I'm naturally very pale skinned however have found that most brands palest foundations are still too orangy for my skin tone! So I decided to get colour-matched!

It was so easy, I have no idea why I've never thought about doing it before! I went up to my local Boots with a bare, make-up free face and sat straight down in the No 7 counter to be matched. The lady, who I regret not catching her name as I would definitely recommend her, whipped out a little device that she scanned over my face and within seconds had detected my skin colour; Calico! This happens to be their lightest shade of foundation. I was then asked what type of foundation I would like as No 7 do a range of different types of foundation, I explained to the lady that I was after a liquid, medium coverage foundation that didn't completely cover my summer freckles but that did cover my blemished and uneven skin tone. I was recommended either the Beautifully Matte or the Stay Perfect foundation so I asked to try both.

 Photo Credit :
Boots Website


The lady then applied both foundations to my cheeks (one on each) but didn't tell me which was which; she then asked me to look in the mirror and decide which I liked better. I was really impressed with this technique as it's a very honest way of selling somebody a foundation that they genuinely want to buy! Because I didn't know which was which i could make a decision based solely on what the foundation looked like on my skin without being influenced by the packaging, price or name. I so happened to pick the side that had Beautifully Matte which was surprising for me as I don't normally like matte foundations as they normally make my skin look flat and lifeless, however the No 7 Beautifully matte makes the skin look healthy and flawless without looking too dull or too shiny.

I was then given a little card with my colour match name and  little chart with the lipstick shades that No 7 sell that are matched to Calico which is awesome! I struggle with lipstick colours as I never ever know what colours suit me besides the neutral nudes so this was a real confidence boost for me to actually pick a new lippy colour to wear.




I couldn't resist but to buy a new lippy to wear with my new foundation so after alot of swatching I finally settled on the colour 'Deep Rust' from the Moisture Drench range and I love it! It's my new go-to lippy as the colour flawlessly matches my skin tone. I was very surprised that it actually suited me as normally orangy lipsticks don't tend to suit me, however this is more of a blood-orange rather than the coral shades I had been attempting to wear so this was way more suited for my pale complexion.




If you're unsure of what lipstick shade to get (as there is a huge choice) Boots have created an online colour matcher that breaks down the decision into easy steps to help you find your perfect shade you're looking for! Visit http://www.boots.com/en/No7-Match-Made-lipstick-tool_1534715/ !


Boots Online Lipstick Colour Match!!



The foundation itself is fantastic and is so easy to apply! I only have to use two small pumps worth which amount to the side of a large pea to cover the whole of my face and I apply this using a flat foundation brush. 
Amount needed to cover full face
My No 7 foundation



I highly recommend getting matched by No 7 and purchasing one of their foundations, I honestly don't think I would ever go back to any of my previous foundations and it's very reasonably priced. The Beautifully Matte cost me only £13.50 and with only having to use a pea sized amount every day, it will last for ages. The lippy was £9.95, slightly expensive for a lipstick in my opinion but totally worth it for the fantastic colour and the fact that it stays put for hours with absolute minimal wearing!

Hope this helps anybody who was wondering what this colour match business was about, I can't recommend this service enough. Big thank you to Boots No 7!

No comments:

Post a Comment